Case history: Installing libstdc++ on i686-pc-linux-gnu (Red Hat)

Alexandre Oliva aoliva@cygnus.com
Tue Mar 28 12:44:00 GMT 2000

On Mar 27, 2000, Avi Green <avi-nospam@sputnik7.com> wrote:

> p.s.  After I installed v3, I found that
> /usr/lib/libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2 had been removed.  I couldn't find
> any reference to that file in the v3 source tree, but it could have
> been wiped by one of the 2.95.2 RPMs.

You should certainly arrange for this file not to be removed, even if
you upgrade libstdc++.  Did you upgrade libstdc++ using RPM?  There
must be a way to arrange for it to upgrade a package without removing
the previous version's libraries.

--
Alexandre Oliva    Enjoy Guaraná, see http://www.ic.unicamp.br/~oliva/
Cygnus Solutions, a Red Hat company        aoliva@{redhat, cygnus}.com