Fun with shared libs on HPUX - Request for help
Alexandre Oliva
aoliva@cygnus.com
Sun Mar 26 21:32:00 GMT 2000
On Mar 26, 2000, Robert A Nesius <rnesius@ichips.intel.com> wrote:
> But the problem I'm running into is that my libstdc++ lib is
> apparantly not really a shared library, even though -fPIC is getting
> set by the configure.
> /usr/ccs/bin/ld: DP relative code in file /usr/intel/pkgs/gcc/2.95.1/lib/gcc-lib/hppa1.1-hp-hpux10.20/2.95.1/libstdc++.a(iostream.o) - shared library must be position
^
See, it's linking with the static version of libstdc++, for some
reason. e reason I don't understand. Check whether libstdc++.sl
was installed, and, if it was, where it lives.
> I'm having trouble bottoming out on what the best way to fix this
> is. Build libstdc++ by itself separately after the main build
> and reinstall it, using aCC and +Z?
No, that definitely won't help, C++ compilers still don't produce
link-compatible code.
--
Alexandre Oliva Enjoy Guaraná, see http://www.ic.unicamp.br/~oliva/
Cygnus Solutions, a Red Hat company aoliva@{redhat, cygnus}.com
Free Software Developer and Evangelist CS PhD student at IC-Unicamp
oliva@{lsd.ic.unicamp.br, gnu.org} Write to mailing lists, not to me
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list