building gcc 2.95.2 under solaris 2.7

Clifford Lyon Clifford_Lyon@zd.com
Fri Mar 24 10:14:00 GMT 2000

I am trying to build gcc on sun sparc running solaris 2.7

make bootstrap dies with:

xgcc: Internal compiler error: program cc1obj got fatal signal 11

somewhere in stage 2.

I found a thread on this list that said this may indicate hardware problem,
however I don't think this is the case here. If I simply type make again
after receiving this error, it fails again in exactly the same place.

Also, I saw that someone resolved this error by installing the latest gnu c
library, but unfortunately the library has not yet been ported for solaris
2.7

Any thoughts? I am building this in a separate directory from the source
with only a prefix set in the configure.

Thanks