gcc help requested (Could somebody kill this message please)
Jeff Lasslett
jeff@datataker.com.au
Thu Jun 22 21:37:00 GMT 2000
To Whom it may concern,
I've been receiving the following email for the
last two days. I've even responded to it. Could somebody please stop it
from being sent repeatedly as it is beginning to annoy me.
cheers,
Jeff
On Thursday, June 22, 2000 6:44 AM, ASe User [SMTP:menzies1@airmail.net] wrote:
> Second attempt to send. (It helps to spell the address correctly... ;-)
>
> Thanks for any help you can provide.
> -Wes
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: ASe User [SMTP:menzies1@airmail.net]
> Sent: Wednesday, June 21, 2000 1:34 PM
> To: 'bug-gcc@prep.ai.mit.edu'; '.help-gcc@prep.ai.mit.edu'
> Subject: gcc help requested
>
> Hi,
> I recently purchased some shared space on a FreeBSD server and am trying to
> use the GCC provided. Your address came from the info program on that
> server. I have used c to write CGI scripts. They work on my personal PC
> when compiled with lcc, so I'm moving them up to the UNIX system for
> publication on the internet. I made sure that every function I use is
> supported in ANSI and UNIX. I seem to be running into apparent memory
> errors and the provider does not have the support staff to help. Any help
> you can give would be very much appreciated.
>
> The current problem looks like this in gdb:
>
> (gdb) run
> Starting program: /www/cgi-bin/classcgi/usrsignin.c.cgi
>
> Program received signal SIGBUS, Bus error.
> 0x2809fd70 in strtok_r () from /usr/lib/libc.so.3
> (gdb) bt
> #0 0x2809fd70 in strtok_r () from /usr/lib/libc.so.3
> #1 0x2809fdb2 in strtok () from /usr/lib/libc.so.3
> #2 0x80490c9 in getcgivars () at cgisrc/usrsigntst2.c:311
> #3 0x804aa9f in main () at cgisrc/usrsigntst2.c:1262
> #4 0x8048851 in _start ()
> (gdb)
>
> I call strtok like this:
> nvpair= strtok(cgiinput, "&")
>
> nvpair and cgiinput are defined as:
> char *cgiinput ;
> char *nvpair ;
>
> Can you help me understand what this means and perhaps suggest some steps I
> might take to fix it?
>
> Thanks in advance for your help,
> Wes Menzies
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list