GCC 2.95.2 on Redhat 6.2 with latest binutils -- a lot of problems

Victor victord@wwcd.com
Mon Jul 31 06:58:00 GMT 2000


This is something strange. I have VIA MVP4 chipset with an AMD K6-2 500 cpu and I got SIG11 all the time, trying to compile a kernel and gcc2.95.2 I was told that it's a hardware problem, but BSD and Windows have 0 problems. This is probably the 5th post I've seen here about compilers having signal 11 running linux on AMD+VIA hardware. I have switched from redhat to TurboLinux and so far had had no problems. I think some variable in compiler or version is what screwing it up.

Just my 2 cents.
Victor

Michael Meding wrote:

> Hi there!
>
> I have problems using gcc 2.95.2 which I bootstrapped on RH6.2.
> System is AMD Duron on VIA KT-133 MSI-6330. LAtest binutils are used,
> kernel is 2.4.0-test5.
>
> During compile of XF4.01 some targets are not made and I can't find out
> why. I have also problems bootstrapping gcc 2.95.2. Sometimes gcc
> bootstrapped fine, another run right after this stopped with sig11.
>
> XF4.01 does not build consistently.
>
> The system has 100 Mhz SDRAMS which are, to reduce error possibilities
> at the moment clocked at 66Mhz. The system uses very conservative
> settings in the bios. The Duron is a 600Mhz one, which is not
> overclocked.
>
> Please see attached the logs I have taken from my system. The string2.h
> warnings are extracted from make World >&World.log of the build of
> XF4.01 as is the error log via a quick grep.
>
> I have attached configuration files. Maybe I screwed up during the
> upgrade from egcs 1.1.2 to gcc 2.95.2 or there is a missing link to
> header or library files that I am not aware of that could possibly
> explain my problems.
>
> If I compile the kernel though, I do not have problems at all, even If I
> run it several times in a row. Consistently I will get a working new
> kernel.
>
> Thanks for any tips / hints / pointings of my stupidness or else in
> advance :-).
>
> With best regards
>
> Michael Meding
>
>   ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/2.95.2/specs
> gcc version 2.95.2 19991024 (release)
>  /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/2.95.2/cpp -lang-c -v -D__ELF__ -Dunix -D__i386__ -Dlinux -D__ELF__ -D__unix__ -D__i386__ -D__linux__ -D__unix -D__linux -Asystem(posix) -Acpu(i386) -Amachine(i386) -Di386 -D__i386 -D__i386__ -
> GNU CPP version 2.95.2 19991024 (release) (i386 Linux/ELF)
> #include "..." search starts here:
> #include <...> search starts here:
>  /usr/local/include
>  /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/2.95.2/../../../../i386-redhat-linux/include
>  /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/2.95.2/include
>  /usr/include
> End of search list.
> The following default directories have been omitted from the search path:
>  /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/2.95.2/../../../../include/g++-3
> End of omitted list.
>
>   ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> ../../../config/makedepend/makedepend  -- -I../../../include/fonts -I../include -I../../../include  -I../../.. -I../../../exports/include  -Dlinux -D__i386__ -D_POSIX_C_SOURCE=199309L -D_POSIX_SOURCE -D_XOPEN_SOURCE -D_BSD_SOURCE -D_SVID_SOURCE  -D_GNU_SOURCE  -DSHAPE -DXINPUT -DXKB -DLBX -DXAPPGROUP -DXCSECURITY -DTOGCUP  -DXF86BIGFONT -DDPMSExtension   -DPANORAMIX  -DGCCUSESGAS -DAVOID_GLYPHBLT -DPIXPRIV -DSINGLEDEPTH -DXFreeXDGA -DXvExtension -DXFree86LOADER  -DXFree86Server -DXF86VIDMODE  -DSMART_SCHEDULE -DX_BYTE_ORDER=X_LITTLE_ENDIAN -DNDEBUG   -DFUNCPROTO=15 -DNARROWPROTO     -- cauthgen.c csignal.c delfntcid.c errorf.c fatalerror.c        findoldfnt.c getcres.c getdefptsize.c getnewfntcid.c gettime.c        initfshdl.c regfpefunc.c rmfshdl.c servclient.c setfntauth.c        stfntcfnt.c xpstubs.c
> ../../../../../config/makedepend/makedepend  -- -I../../include -I../../../../../programs/Xserver/include -I../../../../../exports/include/X11               -I../../../../../include/extensions  -I../../../../.. -I../../../../../exports/include  -Dlinux -D__i386__ -D_POSIX_C_SOURCE=199309L -D_POSIX_SOURCE -D_XOPEN_SOURCE -D_BSD_SOURCE -D_SVID_SOURCE  -D_GNU_SOURCE  -DSHAPE -DXINPUT -DXKB -DLBX -DXAPPGROUP -DXCSECURITY -DTOGCUP  -DXF86BIGFONT -DDPMSExtension   -DPANORAMIX  -DGCCUSESGAS -DAVOID_GLYPHBLT -DPIXPRIV -DSINGLEDEPTH -DXFreeXDGA -DXvExtension -DXFree86LOADER  -DXFree86Server -DXF86VIDMODE  -DSMART_SCHEDULE -DX_BYTE_ORDER=X_LITTLE_ENDIAN -DNDEBUG   -DFUNCPROTO=15 -DNARROWPROTO  -DIN_MODULE  -DIN_MODULE  -- difloat.c error.c event.c flo.c lut.c memory.c         photomap.c protoflo.c session.c tables.c technq.c colorlst.c roi.c
> ../../../../../config/makedepend/makedepend  -- -I. -I../../../../../programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/common -I../../../../../programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/os-support            -I../../../../../programs/Xserver/include -I../../../../../exports/include/X11  -I../../../../.. -I../../../../../exports/include  -Dlinux -D__i386__ -D_POSIX_C_SOURCE=199309L -D_POSIX_SOURCE -D_XOPEN_SOURCE -D_BSD_SOURCE -D_SVID_SOURCE  -D_GNU_SOURCE  -DSHAPE -DXINPUT -DXKB -DLBX -DXAPPGROUP -DXCSECURITY -DTOGCUP  -DXF86BIGFONT -DDPMSExtension   -DPANORAMIX  -DGCCUSESGAS -DAVOID_GLYPHBLT -DPIXPRIV -DSINGLEDEPTH -DXFreeXDGA -DXvExtension -DXFree86LOADER  -DXFree86Server -DXF86VIDMODE  -DSMART_SCHEDULE -DX_BYTE_ORDER=X_LITTLE_ENDIAN -DNDEBUG   -DFUNCPROTO=15 -DNARROWPROTO     -- fatalerror.c        getvalidbios.c  pcitestmulti.c  verrorf.c       verrorfverb.c   xalloc.c        xf86allocscripi.c       xf86drvmsg.c    xf86drvmsgverb.c        xf86errorf.c    xf86errorfverb.c        xf86getpagesize.c       xf86getverb.c
> xf86info.c      xf86msg.c       xf86msgverb.c   xf86opt.c       xf86screens.c   xf86servisinit.c        xf86verbose.c
> XMultibuf.c:82: warning: `error_string' was used with no prototype before its definition
> XShm.c:82: warning: `error_string' was used with no prototype before its definition
> XSync.c:102: warning: `error_string' was used with no prototype before its definition
> Xdbe.c:101: warning: `error_string' was used with no prototype before its definition
> XLbx.c:68: warning: `error_string' was used with no prototype before its definition
> XSecurity.c:84: warning: `error_string' was used with no prototype before its definition
> Xv.c:101: warning: `xv_error_string' was used with no prototype before its definition
> rm -f errorf.o
> gcc -c -O2 -ansi -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -Wnested-externs -pipe -g   -I../../../include/fonts -I../include -I../../../include  -I../../.. -I../../../exports/include  -Dlinux -D__i386__ -D_POSIX_C_SOURCE=199309L -D_POSIX_SOURCE -D_XOPEN_SOURCE -D_BSD_SOURCE -D_SVID_SOURCE  -D_GNU_SOURCE  -DSHAPE -DXINPUT -DXKB -DLBX -DXAPPGROUP -DXCSECURITY -DTOGCUP  -DXF86BIGFONT -DDPMSExtension   -DPANORAMIX  -DGCCUSESGAS -DAVOID_GLYPHBLT -DPIXPRIV -DSINGLEDEPTH -DXFreeXDGA -DXvExtension -DXFree86LOADER  -DXFree86Server -DXF86VIDMODE  -DSMART_SCHEDULE -DX_BYTE_ORDER=X_LITTLE_ENDIAN -DNDEBUG   -DFUNCPROTO=15 -DNARROWPROTO     errorf.c
>                  from errorf.c:3:
> errorf.c: At top level:
> errorf.c:7: warning: no previous prototype for `ErrorF'
> rm -f fatalerror.o
> gcc -c -O2 -ansi -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -Wnested-externs -pipe -g   -I../../../include/fonts -I../include -I../../../include  -I../../.. -I../../../exports/include  -Dlinux -D__i386__ -D_POSIX_C_SOURCE=199309L -D_POSIX_SOURCE -D_XOPEN_SOURCE -D_BSD_SOURCE -D_SVID_SOURCE  -D_GNU_SOURCE  -DSHAPE -DXINPUT -DXKB -DLBX -DXAPPGROUP -DXCSECURITY -DTOGCUP  -DXF86BIGFONT -DDPMSExtension   -DPANORAMIX  -DGCCUSESGAS -DAVOID_GLYPHBLT -DPIXPRIV -DSINGLEDEPTH -DXFreeXDGA -DXvExtension -DXFree86LOADER  -DXFree86Server -DXF86VIDMODE  -DSMART_SCHEDULE -DX_BYTE_ORDER=X_LITTLE_ENDIAN -DNDEBUG   -DFUNCPROTO=15 -DNARROWPROTO     fatalerror.c
>                  from fatalerror.c:3:
> fatalerror.c: At top level:
> fatalerror.c:7: warning: no previous prototype for `FatalError'
> ar clq libfntstubs.a cauthgen.o csignal.o delfntcid.o errorf.o fatalerror.o        findoldfnt.o getcres.o getdefptsize.o getnewfntcid.o gettime.o        initfshdl.o regfpefunc.o rmfshdl.o servclient.o setfntauth.o        stfntcfnt.o xpstubs.o
> In file included from ../../include/error.h:74,
> rm -f error.o
> gcc -c -O2 -ansi -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -Wnested-externs -pipe -g   -I../../include -I../../../../../programs/Xserver/include -I../../../../../exports/include/X11               -I../../../../../include/extensions  -I../../../../.. -I../../../../../exports/include  -Dlinux -D__i386__ -D_POSIX_C_SOURCE=199309L -D_POSIX_SOURCE -D_XOPEN_SOURCE -D_BSD_SOURCE -D_SVID_SOURCE  -D_GNU_SOURCE  -DSHAPE -DXINPUT -DXKB -DLBX -DXAPPGROUP -DXCSECURITY -DTOGCUP  -DXF86BIGFONT -DDPMSExtension   -DPANORAMIX  -DGCCUSESGAS -DAVOID_GLYPHBLT -DPIXPRIV -DSINGLEDEPTH -DXFreeXDGA -DXvExtension -DXFree86LOADER  -DXFree86Server -DXF86VIDMODE  -DSMART_SCHEDULE -DX_BYTE_ORDER=X_LITTLE_ENDIAN -DNDEBUG   -DFUNCPROTO=15 -DNARROWPROTO  -DIN_MODULE  -DIN_MODULE  error.c
> In file included from error.c:84:
> In file included from error.c:88:
> In file included from ../../include/error.h:74,
>                  from error.c:89:
> In file included from ../../include/error.h:74,
> In file included from ../../include/error.h:74,
> In file included from ../../include/error.h:74,
> In file included from ../../include/error.h:74,
> In file included from ../../include/error.h:74,
> In file included from ../../include/error.h:74,
> In file included from ../../include/error.h:74,
> In file included from ../../include/error.h:74,
> In file included from ../../include/error.h:74,
> In file included from ../../include/error.h:74,
> In file included from ../../include/error.h:74,
> In file included from ../../include/error.h:74,
> In file included from ../../include/error.h:74,
> In file included from ../../include/error.h:74,
> In file included from ../../include/error.h:74,
> In file included from ../../include/error.h:74,
> In file included from ../../include/error.h:74,
> In file included from ../../include/error.h:74,
> In file included from ../../include/error.h:74,
> In file included from ../../include/error.h:74,
> In file included from ../../include/error.h:74,
> In file included from ../../include/error.h:74,
> In file included from ../../include/error.h:74,
> In file included from ../../include/error.h:74,
> In file included from ../../include/error.h:74,
> In file included from ../../include/error.h:74,
> In file included from ../../include/error.h:74,
> In file included from ../../include/error.h:74,
> In file included from ../../include/error.h:74,
> In file included from ../../include/error.h:74,
> In file included from ../../include/error.h:74,
> In file included from ../../include/error.h:74,
> In file included from ../../include/error.h:74,
> In file included from ../../include/error.h:74,
> In file included from ../../include/error.h:74,
> In file included from ../../include/error.h:74,
> In file included from ../../include/error.h:74,
> In file included from ../../include/error.h:74,
> In file included from ../../include/error.h:74,
> In file included from ../../include/error.h:74,
> In file included from ../../include/error.h:74,
> In file included from ../../include/error.h:74,
> In file included from ../../include/error.h:74,
> In file included from ../../include/error.h:74,
> In file included from ../../include/error.h:74,
> In file included from ../../include/error.h:74,
> In file included from ../../include/error.h:74,
> In file included from ../../include/error.h:74,
> In file included from ../../include/error.h:74,
> In file included from ../../include/error.h:74,
> In file included from ../../include/error.h:74,
> In file included from ../../include/error.h:74,
> In file included from ../../include/error.h:74,
> In file included from ../../include/error.h:74,
> In file included from ../../include/error.h:74,
> In file included from ../../include/error.h:74,
> In file included from ../../include/error.h:74,
> In file included from ../../include/error.h:74,
> In file included from ../../include/error.h:74,
> In file included from ../../include/error.h:74,
> In file included from ../../include/error.h:74,
> In file included from ../../include/error.h:74,
> In file included from ../../include/error.h:74,
> In file included from ../../include/error.h:74,
> In file included from ../../include/error.h:74,
> In file included from ../../include/error.h:74,
> In file included from ../../include/error.h:74,
> In file included from ../../include/error.h:74,
> make[8]: Target `all' not remade because of errors.
> make[7]: Target `all' not remade because of errors.
> make[5]: Target `all' not remade because of errors.
> ../../../../../../programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/os-support/linux/agpgart.h:66: parse error before `off_t'
> ../../../../../../programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/os-support/linux/agpgart.h:68: parse error before `pg_total'
> ../../../../../../programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/os-support/linux/agpgart.h:69: parse error before `pg_system'
> ../../../../../../programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/os-support/linux/agpgart.h:70: parse error before `pg_used'
> ../../../../../../programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/os-support/linux/agpgart.h:81: parse error before `off_t'
> ../../../../../../programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/os-support/linux/agpgart.h:84: parse error before `}'
> ../../../../../../programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/os-support/linux/agpgart.h:87: parse error before `pid_t'
> ../../../../../../programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/os-support/linux/agpgart.h:90: parse error before `}'
> ../../../../../../programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/os-support/linux/agpgart.h:94: parse error before `size_t'
> ../../../../../../programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/os-support/linux/agpgart.h:100: parse error before `}'
> ../../../../../../programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/os-support/linux/agpgart.h:104: parse error before `off_t'
> i810_memory.c:108: parse error before `)'
> i810_memory.c:129: parse error before `)'
> i810_memory.c:137: parse error before `bind'
> i810_memory.c:140: parse error before `)'
> i810_memory.c:171: parse error before `)'
> i810_memory.c:174: parse error before `bind'
> i810_memory.c:177: parse error before `)'
> i810_memory.c:198: parse error before `)'
> i810_memory.c:205: parse error before `bind'
> i810_memory.c:208: parse error before `)'
> i810_memory.c:325: parse error before `pI810'
> i810_memory.c:327: parse error before `)'
> i810_memory.c:329: parse error before `pI810'
> i810_memory.c:331: parse error before `)'
> i810_memory.c:333: parse error before `pI810'
> i810_memory.c:335: parse error before `)'
> make[7]: Target `all' not remade because of errors.
> rm -f fatalerror.o
> gcc -c -O2 -ansi -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -Wnested-externs -pipe -g   -I. -I../../../../../programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/common -I../../../../../programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/os-support         -I../../../../../programs/Xserver/include -I../../../../../exports/include/X11  -I../../../../.. -I../../../../../exports/include  -Dlinux -D__i386__ -D_POSIX_C_SOURCE=199309L -D_POSIX_SOURCE -D_XOPEN_SOURCE -D_BSD_SOURCE -D_SVID_SOURCE  -D_GNU_SOURCE  -DSHAPE -DXINPUT -DXKB -DLBX -DXAPPGROUP -DXCSECURITY -DTOGCUP  -DXF86BIGFONT -DDPMSExtension   -DPANORAMIX  -DGCCUSESGAS -DAVOID_GLYPHBLT -DPIXPRIV -DSINGLEDEPTH -DXFreeXDGA -DXvExtension -DXFree86LOADER  -DXFree86Server -DXF86VIDMODE  -DSMART_SCHEDULE -DX_BYTE_ORDER=X_LITTLE_ENDIAN -DNDEBUG   -DFUNCPROTO=15 -DNARROWPROTO     fatalerror.c
>                  from fatalerror.c:4:
> rm -f verrorf.o
> gcc -c -O2 -ansi -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -Wnested-externs -pipe -g   -I. -I../../../../../programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/common -I../../../../../programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/os-support         -I../../../../../programs/Xserver/include -I../../../../../exports/include/X11  -I../../../../.. -I../../../../../exports/include  -Dlinux -D__i386__ -D_POSIX_C_SOURCE=199309L -D_POSIX_SOURCE -D_XOPEN_SOURCE -D_BSD_SOURCE -D_SVID_SOURCE  -D_GNU_SOURCE  -DSHAPE -DXINPUT -DXKB -DLBX -DXAPPGROUP -DXCSECURITY -DTOGCUP  -DXF86BIGFONT -DDPMSExtension   -DPANORAMIX  -DGCCUSESGAS -DAVOID_GLYPHBLT -DPIXPRIV -DSINGLEDEPTH -DXFreeXDGA -DXvExtension -DXFree86LOADER  -DXFree86Server -DXF86VIDMODE  -DSMART_SCHEDULE -DX_BYTE_ORDER=X_LITTLE_ENDIAN -DNDEBUG   -DFUNCPROTO=15 -DNARROWPROTO     verrorf.c
>                  from verrorf.c:4:
> rm -f verrorfverb.o
> gcc -c -O2 -ansi -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -Wnested-externs -pipe -g   -I. -I../../../../../programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/common -I../../../../../programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/os-support         -I../../../../../programs/Xserver/include -I../../../../../exports/include/X11  -I../../../../.. -I../../../../../exports/include  -Dlinux -D__i386__ -D_POSIX_C_SOURCE=199309L -D_POSIX_SOURCE -D_XOPEN_SOURCE -D_BSD_SOURCE -D_SVID_SOURCE  -D_GNU_SOURCE  -DSHAPE -DXINPUT -DXKB -DLBX -DXAPPGROUP -DXCSECURITY -DTOGCUP  -DXF86BIGFONT -DDPMSExtension   -DPANORAMIX  -DGCCUSESGAS -DAVOID_GLYPHBLT -DPIXPRIV -DSINGLEDEPTH -DXFreeXDGA -DXvExtension -DXFree86LOADER  -DXFree86Server -DXF86VIDMODE  -DSMART_SCHEDULE -DX_BYTE_ORDER=X_LITTLE_ENDIAN -DNDEBUG   -DFUNCPROTO=15 -DNARROWPROTO     verrorfverb.c
>                  from verrorfverb.c:4:
> verrorfverb.c: At top level:
> verrorfverb.c:14: warning: no previous prototype for `VErrorFVerb'
> rm -f xf86errorf.o
> gcc -c -O2 -ansi -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -Wnested-externs -pipe -g   -I. -I../../../../../programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/common -I../../../../../programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/os-support         -I../../../../../programs/Xserver/include -I../../../../../exports/include/X11  -I../../../../.. -I../../../../../exports/include  -Dlinux -D__i386__ -D_POSIX_C_SOURCE=199309L -D_POSIX_SOURCE -D_XOPEN_SOURCE -D_BSD_SOURCE -D_SVID_SOURCE  -D_GNU_SOURCE  -DSHAPE -DXINPUT -DXKB -DLBX -DXAPPGROUP -DXCSECURITY -DTOGCUP  -DXF86BIGFONT -DDPMSExtension   -DPANORAMIX  -DGCCUSESGAS -DAVOID_GLYPHBLT -DPIXPRIV -DSINGLEDEPTH -DXFreeXDGA -DXvExtension -DXFree86LOADER  -DXFree86Server -DXF86VIDMODE  -DSMART_SCHEDULE -DX_BYTE_ORDER=X_LITTLE_ENDIAN -DNDEBUG   -DFUNCPROTO=15 -DNARROWPROTO     xf86errorf.c
>                  from xf86errorf.c:4:
> rm -f xf86errorfverb.o
> gcc -c -O2 -ansi -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -Wnested-externs -pipe -g   -I. -I../../../../../programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/common -I../../../../../programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/os-support         -I../../../../../programs/Xserver/include -I../../../../../exports/include/X11  -I../../../../.. -I../../../../../exports/include  -Dlinux -D__i386__ -D_POSIX_C_SOURCE=199309L -D_POSIX_SOURCE -D_XOPEN_SOURCE -D_BSD_SOURCE -D_SVID_SOURCE  -D_GNU_SOURCE  -DSHAPE -DXINPUT -DXKB -DLBX -DXAPPGROUP -DXCSECURITY -DTOGCUP  -DXF86BIGFONT -DDPMSExtension   -DPANORAMIX  -DGCCUSESGAS -DAVOID_GLYPHBLT -DPIXPRIV -DSINGLEDEPTH -DXFreeXDGA -DXvExtension -DXFree86LOADER  -DXFree86Server -DXF86VIDMODE  -DSMART_SCHEDULE -DX_BYTE_ORDER=X_LITTLE_ENDIAN -DNDEBUG   -DFUNCPROTO=15 -DNARROWPROTO     xf86errorfverb.c
>                  from xf86errorfverb.c:4:
> ar clq libdummy.a fatalerror.o  getvalidbios.o  pcitestmulti.o  verrorf.o       verrorfverb.o   xalloc.o        xf86allocscripi.o       xf86drvmsg.o    xf86drvmsgverb.o        xf86errorf.o    xf86errorfverb.o        xf86getpagesize.o       xf86getverb.o   xf86info.o      xf86msg.o       xf86msgverb.o   xf86opt.o       xf86screens.o   xf86servisinit.o        xf86verbose.o
> make[4]: Target `all' not remade because of errors.
>
>   ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/2.95.2/specs
> gcc version 2.95.2 19991024 (release)
>
>   ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> /usr/X11R6/lib
> /usr/kerberos/lib
> /usr/i486-linux-libc5/lib
> /usr/lib
>
>   ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> /usr/include/bits/string2.h: In function `__mempcpy_small':
> /usr/include/bits/string2.h:238: warning: pointer of type `void *' used in arithmetic
> /usr/include/bits/string2.h:242: warning: pointer of type `void *' used in arithmetic
> /usr/include/bits/string2.h:246: warning: pointer of type `void *' used in arithmetic
> /usr/include/bits/string2.h:248: warning: pointer of type `void *' used in arithmetic
> /usr/include/bits/string2.h:252: warning: pointer of type `void *' used in arithmetic
> /usr/include/bits/string2.h:256: warning: pointer of type `void *' used in arithmetic
> /usr/include/bits/string2.h:258: warning: pointer of type `void *' used in arithmetic
> /usr/include/bits/string2.h:262: warning: pointer of type `void *' used in arithmetic
> /usr/include/bits/string2.h:264: warning: pointer of type `void *' used in arithmetic
> /usr/include/bits/string2.h:268: warning: pointer of type `void *' used in arithmetic
> /usr/include/bits/string2.h:270: warning: pointer of type `void *' used in arithmetic
> /usr/include/bits/string2.h:272: warning: pointer of type `void *' used in arithmetic
> /usr/include/bits/string2.h:276: warning: pointer of type `void *' used in arithmetic
> /usr/include/bits/string2.h:278: warning: pointer of type `void *' used in arithmetic
>
>   ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> -- Versions installed: (if some fields are empty or look
> -- unusual then possibly you have very old versions)
> Linux HAL 2.4.0-test5 #3 Sam Jul 29 19:30:59 CEST 2000 i686 unknown
> Kernel modules         2.3.11
> Gnu C                  2.95.2
> Binutils               2.10.0.18
> Linux C Library        2.1.3
> Dynamic linker         ldd (GNU libc) 2.1.3
> Procps                 2.0.6
> Mount                  2.10f
> Net-tools              1.54
> Console-tools          0.3.3
> Sh-utils               2.0
> Modules Loaded         mga



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list