gnu gcc in BSDI 4.0.1

assakhof assakhof@mimos.my
Fri Jul 28 18:05:00 GMT 2000


At 10:00 AM 7/28/2000 -0300, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
>On Jul 28, 2000, assakhof <assakhof@mimos.my> wrote:
>
> > /var/tmp/ccVb72jg.s:121: Error: Alignment not a power of 2
>
>Incompatibility between GCC and the assembler.  Which assembler are
>you using?

# as -V
GNU assembler version 2.8.1 (bsd/os), using BFD version 2.8.1

> > Do I need to install GNU binutils ?
>
>Maybe.

I get binutils-2.10, so I decide to install it. But then I got this error 
(during binutils installation):

trad-core.c: In function `trad_unix_core_file_p':
trad-core.c:188: `USRSTACK' undeclared (first use this function)
trad-core.c:188: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
trad-core.c:188: for each function it appears in.)
make[3]: *** [trad-core.lo] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/var/src/binutils-2.10/bfd'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/src/binutils-2.10/bfd'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/src/binutils-2.10/bfd'
make: *** [all-bfd] Error 2

But there were no word USRSTACK in trad-core.c ... It make me confuse.

FYI, I used GNU make-3.79 . Any help greatly appreciated.

Rgds,

--assakhof



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list