GNU portability?
Christian Hofsetz
hofsetz@cs.ucdavis.edu
Fri Jan 28 18:54:00 GMT 2000
Hi,
I have a rendering software build upon GNU C++ version 2.95.1 running
on a Windows 98 Pentium III system.
It is plain C++ thus it should work in a Unix machine.
I'm trying to run it on a SGI system w/ GNU C++ version 2.91.60. All
programs
do compile and the system runs.
Amazingly, however, the images produced by the SGI are completely wrong.
How come the same software using the same compiler produces different
results? Why is it so?
And although I use a binary file as input it is not a byte alignment
problem - I've check it.
Any hints?
Thanks!
:Christian
PS.: I've also tried to use the CC compiler. It compiles, it runs, it
generates the images but, the images are wrong but... they're different
from the wrong images generate by the GNU compiled code in the same
machine... Where's my mistake?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Christian Hofsetz University of California
Graduate Student __ ,__o
The Visualization and Graphics Group __ _-\_<,
Department of Computer Science __ (*)/'(*)
hofsetz@cs.ucdavis.edu ~~~~~~~~~~ at Davis
------------------------------------------------------------------------
USA => http://graphics.cs.ucdavis.edu/~chofsetz
BRAZIL=> http://inf.unisinos.br/~chris/index2.html
-------
Algebraic symbols are used when you don't know what you're talking about
------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Gaucho longe dos pagos esta' sempre de passagem" - Oscar Machado
------------------------------------------------------------------------
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list