ld says undefined reference to function which exists

Amit Mehrotra amehrotr@mail.icims.csl.uiuc.edu
Mon Jan 24 15:46:00 GMT 2000

I have C++ code scattered over a bunch of .cc files which compiles
without errors. When I compile .o files to make a final executable, it
complains that some non-inline, non-member functions are not found.
However, when I nm the corresponding .o files, the functions are
present. I am using gcc 2.95.2 on a i686-gnu-linux system with ld which
is part of binutils-2.9.1.0.23. I am not able to figure out what the
problem is!

Amit