gcc-2.95.2 and solaris 7

Chris Webb chrisw@nmr.ion.bpmf.ac.uk
Thu Jan 6 03:55:00 GMT 2000

I have installed gcc-2.95.2 on a solaris 7 box. I used the tar.gz source
file, the configuration and make process seem to work ok. The include
directories are as follows:

prefix = /usr/local

includedir = ${prefix}/include
oldincludedir = /usr/include
gxx_include_dir=${prefix}/include/g++-3

When I try to compile a simple helloworld program I get the following
error:

test.c:1: iostream.h: No such file or directory

The iostream.h file is present in the gxx_include_dir path, the program
will compile if this file is moved to the includedir path. This is of
course little help, I am dealing with large programs, written over many
files, utilizing large numbers of libraries. Has anyone heard of this
problem, or have a solution?

Incidentally, I have installed the same gcc package under a linux os and
it works fine.

--
Chris Webb

Email:   c.webb@ion.ucl.ac.uk