How to set CC enviroment?

Mike Reilly mike_reilly.nospamplease@bc.sympatico.ca
Wed Jan 5 22:27:00 GMT 2000

You can check if your CC environment variable is set by typing 'set' at the
command prompt.  To create a CC variable if one doesn't exist, type
'CC="/usr/sbin/gcc" or whatever the path is to gcc (sorry I'm on an NT box
right now, don't have a decent news reader for Linux yet - anyone have any
suggestions for a powerful yet easy to use one?).

You can then check if your CC variable is set by typing 'set' once again.
If typing 'set' returns too many for one screen, redirect output to a file.
set >> vars.txt
for example.

However, it may be that you don't currently have things set up correctly on
your machine.  On mine (mandrake 6.0), I didn't have any development
libraries installed, and couldn't get anything going correctly until I did
(doh! there goes a couple of days figuring that out).

If you have a lot of problems, deja news will be your best resource, as well
as the gcc docs.  Good luck.

Mike