gcc for PowerPC
Gerjan Teselink
G.Teselink@jonker.nl
Wed Dec 13 11:23:00 GMT 2000
Hi,
Because it is an CrossCompiler i advise you too use another prefix (the
default is /usr/) e.g --prefix=/powerpc
First you will have to compile and install glibc. With the same prefix
(powerpc) and then de binutils (with the same prefix) and the same goes voor
gcc. See also the CrossFAQ.
Kind regards,
Gerjan Teselink
System-Engineer
Jonker ETB BV
----- Original Message -----
From: "Daniel Glozman" <daniel@simpod.com>
To: <gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org>
Sent: Wednesday, December 13, 2000 1:45 PM
Subject: gcc for PowerPC
> Hello,
> I'm compiling gcc-2.95.2 with target=powerpc-eabi
> On sun-solaris and cygwin I get the same error :
>
> for name in _muldi3 _divdi3 _moddi3 _udivdi3 _umoddi3 _negdi2 _lshrdi3
> _ashldi3 _ashrdi3 _ffsdi2 _ud
> iv_w_sdiv _udivmoddi4 _cmpdi2 _ucmpdi2 _floatdidf _floatdisf _fixunsdfsi
> _fixunssfsi _fixunsdfdi _fi
> xdfdi _fixunssfdi _fixsfdi _fixxfdi _fixunsxfdi _floatdixf _fixunsxfsi
> _fixtfdi _fixunstfdi _floatdi
> tf __gcc_bcmp _varargs __dummy _eprintf _bb _shtab _clear_cache
_trampoline
> __main _exit _ctors _pur
> e; \
> do \
> echo ${name}; \
>
>
>
/home/daniel/download/ppc-gcc/gcc/xgcc -B/home/daniel/download/ppc-gcc/gcc/
> -B/usr/local/powerpc-e
>
abi/bin/ -I/usr/local/powerpc-eabi/include -O2 -DCROSS_COMPILE -DIN_GCC -DH
> AIFA -g -O2 -I./inclu
>
de -g1 -DIN_LIBGCC2 -D__GCC_FLOAT_NOT_NEEDED -mstrict-align -I. -I../.
> ./gcc-2.95.2/gcc -I../..
> /gcc-2.95.2/gcc/config -I../../gcc-2.95.2/gcc/../include -c -DL${name} \
> ../../gcc-2.95.2/gcc/libgcc2.c -o ${name}.o; \
> if [ $? -eq 0 ] ; then true; else exit 1; fi; \
> powerpc-eabi-ar rc tmplibgcc2.a ${name}.o; \
> rm -f ${name}.o; \
> done
> _muldi3
> ../../gcc-2.95.2/gcc/libgcc2.c:41: stdlib.h: No such file or directory
> ../../gcc-2.95.2/gcc/libgcc2.c:42: unistd.h: No such file or directory
> make[3]: *** [libgcc2.a] Error 1
> make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/daniel/download/ppc-gcc/gcc'
> make[2]: *** [stmp-multilib-sub] Error 2
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/daniel/download/ppc-gcc/gcc'
> make[1]: *** [stmp-multilib] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/daniel/download/ppc-gcc/gcc'
> make: *** [all-gcc] Error 2
>
> It seems like the include path is not updated.
> what should it contain ?
>
> Thank you.
>
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list