GCC snapshot 2000-11-27 build fails on Solaris 8 SPARC
Alexandre Oliva
aoliva@redhat.com
Tue Dec 5 08:57:00 GMT 2000
On Dec 3, 2000, "Mark Bradley" <bradl001@hotmail.com> wrote:
> That made little sense to a relative novice like myself so I assumed (insert
> standard warning about making nearly baseless assumptions) that was I needed
> was a shared version of libgcc.a. Is this even possible?
With current development snapshots, --enable-shared will do that.
but note that the warning comes from libtool. I seem to recall this
having been fixed in recent CVS versions of libtool, but I may well be
just making this up.
> /usr/ccs/bin/ld: illegal option -- -
> /usr/ccs/bin/ld: illegal option -- w
This is a symptom of configuring --with-gnu-ld (implicitly or
explicitly) and having GCC use the built-in system linker instead.
> Why is it using /usr/ccs/bin/ld? I thought that since it's building binutils,
> it would use ld from that code set.
binutils is one of the sub-directories of the binutils distribution.
Other sub-directories are ld, gas, opcodes, etc. All of them must be
*individually* moved into the GCC tree, otherwise the magic that
auto-detects them won't work.
--
Alexandre Oliva Enjoy Guarana', see http://www.ic.unicamp.br/~oliva/
Red Hat GCC Developer aoliva@{cygnus.com, redhat.com}
CS PhD student at IC-Unicamp oliva@{lsd.ic.unicamp.br, gnu.org}
Free Software Evangelist *Please* write to mailing lists, not to me
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list