non standard libs

Alexandre Oliva aoliva@redhat.com
Sun Dec 24 10:04:00 GMT 2000

On Dec 24, 2000, Nicholas Mc Guire <der.herr@hofr.at> wrote:

>  which compiles ok , but does not use the glibc-2.0.7 libs but the normal system
>  libs in /lib (blibc-2.1.3) and thus segfaults on the old system.

>  could someone point out to me whats wrong with the compiler flags I was using ?

Nothing's wrong with your flags.  You just failed to tell the linker
to add a note in the program that, at run-time, it should look for
libc in this other directory.  Set LD_RUN_PATH or use -rpath to
accomplish that.

An alternative is to create a link in /lib with the libc SONAME
encoded in the program that points to the old version of glibc.

It might be that you'll also have to tell the linker that the program
needs the old dynamic loader (ld.so).  I don't know how to do that,
though.