Help: can't find Header Files

Nathaniel Black mutethia@hotmail.com
Mon Dec 18 22:53:00 GMT 2000

Hello.

I am running Mandrake 7.0,
when I try to compile just about any standard package (they also work on my
RedHat 6.2 system at home) I get file not found errors "can't find file
"sys/stat.h".  The file exists in the include directory of glibc, but the
compiler is only looking in the /usr/include directories, not the
(xxx)/glibc.../include directories.  How do I make it look in both by
default?  Or is it better/safe to move all the files into one directory?

I also realize that the answer to this should be simple, and if there is a
better place to ask this question, please let me know...

Thanks.

Nathaniel Black                                             Secretary
Professional Computer Consultant                      Watoto Wa Dunia
Phone/fax:  210-0243                                   P.O. Box 11622
                                                        PDX OR, 97211
Specializing in Database Design                       Phone: 335-8745
Training, Networking,
Site Maintenence and Visits.