Build GCC fail

wangwen wangwen@coretac.com
Sun Aug 27 19:01:00 GMT 2000

Hi,

Thanks for  Helfried's  help!

I failed to build the cgywin-hosted linux
toolchain according to your instructions. But I succeeded in building a cross-gcc for m68k-elf  according to your
instructions.

Who had succeeded in building such gcc? Please give
some tips.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
WangWen
----- Original Message -----

  From:
  Helfried
  Tschemmernegg
  To: wangwen
  Sent: Friday, August 25, 2000 7:10
  PM
  Subject: Re: Build GCC fail
  Hello! I am building a cross-gcc for m68k-elf running in
  the cygwin environment, but I hope the procedure will be the same for
  you: After installing cygwin I decompress the following .tar.gz-files
  to the directory /usr/src: binutils-2.10.tar.gz,
  gcc-core-2.95.2.tar.gz, gcc-g++-2.95.2 and newlib-1.8.2 Then I
  create the directory /usr/src/build-binutils I change to that directory and
  enter ../binutils-2.10/configure --target=m68k-elf (you will need to use
  --target=i686-pc-linux-gnu here) then I enter 'make' and 'make
  install' Now the binutils are installed in the
  directory /usr/local/i686-pc-linux-gnu/bin Next I create a directory
  /usr/src/build-gcc in that directory I also call ../gcc-2.95.2/configure
  --target=m68k-elf (also here you will need to use
  --target=i686-pc-linux-gnu) Now here for configure you can use another
  option named --use-newlib to include building of newlib in your gcc-build.
  I don't know exactly how that works, but maybe you need it. if you specify
  this option you must also make two symbolic links in you gcc-2.95.2
  source-directory (ln -s ../newlib-1.8.2/newlib
  newlib     and     ln -s
  ../newlib-1.8.2/libgloss libgloss) it's possible that you need these two
  links anyhow. so just make them, it doesn't cost anything :-) then you
  only have to call 'make' and 'make install' and your compiler should be
  installed in /usr/local/i686-pc-linux-gnu/bin hope this will help
  ... have a nice weekend
Helfried