Sun SPRO

lopez robert.lopez@abq.sc.philips.com
Thu Aug 24 11:58:00 GMT 2000

> From: Hany Morcos <hanymorcos@yahoo.com>

>   I'm having serious compile errors when compiling the
> gcc compiler using the spro 4.2 and spro 5.0... Is
> there any plans to allow spro 4.2 and spro 5.0 to
> compile gcc? Have anyone tried to compile gcc with
> spro 4.2 and 5.0..

"...to allow..."? You are not serious are you?

It has been a couple of years since the last time,
but the first gcc I have built on systems has almost
always been with the  hardware vendor's cc. I have
built gcc with Sun Pro cc, but it was 2.0, and it was
several revisions back for gcc.

What you need to do is tell what your errors are.
Otherwise no one can really help you.