Building gcc 9.95.2 toolchain to run vxWorks on a PowerPC

Lovett, Stuart Stuart.Lovett@marconi.com
Wed Aug 23 14:22:00 GMT 2000


Thanks again Dave, I've downloaded version 2.10 and that seems to have fixed
binutils.  Not surprisingly though, gcc fails when building the file
'gcc-2.95.2/libio/iovfprintf.c'.  It fails because the vxWorks header file
'arch/ppc/toolPpc.h' is defining the macro '_STDARG_H' before the header
file <stdarg.h> is included and thus prevents the 'va_arg' macro from being
defined.  Without this macro being defined the compiler attempts to compile
'va_arg(ar, int)' and complains about the int keyword in a strange place.

Can you think of any reason why I am having problems like this?  I am
following the basic build instructions, ie 'configure, build all, install'
for binutils then do the same for gcc.  The process is failing during build
all for gcc.  Do I need to set up any paths or env variables to point the
process in the right direction?

I had to add <install_dir>/bin to the path at one point since a part of the
process couldn't find the 'powerpc-wrs-vxworks-ar' tool.  The configure line
I used for the compiler is:

../gcc/gcc.2.95.2/configure --target=powerpc-wrs-vxworks
--prefix=/us/slovett/compilers/install_new
--with-headers=/us/vxdist/5.4/target/h --enable-languages=c++
--enable-version-specific-runtime-libs -v

then did make all.

Shouldn't the --prefix tell the gcc make process where the binutils are?

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Stu.


More information about the Gcc-help mailing list