gcc 2.95.2 on solaris 2.6 infinite loops

Alexandre Oliva aoliva@redhat.com
Wed Aug 23 02:41:00 GMT 2000

On Aug 22, 2000, "d m b" <ddddd32@hotmail.com> wrote:

> When I compile a hello world c program with gcc the compiler hangs.
> Using ps, I can see that gcc is spawning hundreds to thousands of
> copies of cpp.

This means your installation is broken.  There are two programs called
cpp in the GCC installation tree.  One is in the `bin' directory, the
other is in lib/gcc-lib/*/*.  `gcc' (the compilation driver) wants to
call the latter, but, for some reason, it's finding the former.
Check your GCC_EXEC_PREFIX or the -B flags might be passing to gcc.