g++ Question

Jones Wilson burrodomo@mail.com
Sun Aug 20 10:59:00 GMT 2000


>I'd suggest you to look into binary compatibility problems >between the
>libstdc++ the program is linked with and the one being found at
>run-time.  Try to link with -static, to make sure.

Thanks for your help, that seems to be it.
When I linked with -static it worked fine.  How can I go about fixing this?  I've just got the libstdc++ that came with gcc-2.95.2.  Do I need to download another libstdc++ package, or add some line to ld.so.conf or something so that I can link dynamically?

I've also got another (hopefully) quick question.  I installed gcc with prefix=/usr.  When I compile stuff, it doesn't look for header files in /usr/local/include.  I can get around it with a C_INCLUDE_PATH environmental variable, but is there some way to explicitly configure/compile gcc so that it will look there always?

Thanks again for your help.
Tom

______________________________________________
FREE Personalized Email at Mail.com
Sign up at http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list