Another crash trying to build gcc as cross compiler

Marcio de Oliveira Buss ra990898@ic.unicamp.br
Wed Aug 16 16:13:00 GMT 2000


	Dear,
	After many errors (most of them caused by myself while
 trying to configure the sources) I tried to build again the
 gcc starting by the first pass.

	cd /home/mbuss/Compilers/GCC/sources/Gnu/src
	make distclean

	cd /home/mbuss/Compilers/GCC/sources/Gnu/gcc
	make distclean

	(being src and gcc cvs -z co gcc and cvs -z 9 src,
 respectively).
	After that, I have tried to build the gcc from the
 pretty principle :) but a diferent error has appeared. 
 I belive I had already passed this pass before, but I can't 
 now.
	It seems like the system crash while trying to 
 build the binutils.
	I have many links from the gcc directory to the src
 directory ( bfd, binutils, gas, gprof, intl, ld, libgloss,
 newlib, opcodes, sim), for the purpose to asure that these
 ones will be build, too.
	The comand sequence is below:

   cd /home/mbuss/Compilers/GCC/sources/Gnu/gcc
   ls -l | grep ">"

        ... 10 Aug 15 12:11 bfd -> ../src/bfd
        ... 15 Aug 15 12:10 binutils -> ../src/binutils
        ... 10 Aug 15 12:09 gas-> ../src/gas
        ... 12 Aug 16 17:33 gprof -> ../src/gprof
        ... 11 Aug 16 17:32 intl -> ../src/intl
        ...  9 Aug 15 12:10 ld -> ../src/ld
        ... 15 Aug 16 17:33 libgloss -> ../src/libgloss
        ... 13 Aug 16 17:31 newlib -> ../src/newlib
        ... 14 Aug 15 17:34 opcodes -> ../src/opcodes
        ... 10 Aug 16 20:46 sim -> ../src/sim

   
  ./configure --target=mips-elf
              --prefix=~/Compilers/GCC/gcc-mips/usr/local
              --with-gnu-as
              --with-gnu-ld
              --with-headers=~/Compilers/GCC/sources/src/newlib/include
              --with-newlib

  make


	And the following error has appeared, while trying to make
  binutils:

make[3]: Entering directory
`/home/mbuss/Compilers/GCC/sources/Gnu/src/binutils'
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I. -D_GNU_SOURCE -I. -I. -I../bfd
-I./../bfd -I./../include  -I./../intl -I../intl
-DLOCALEDIR   ="\"/home/mbuss/Compilers/GCC/gcc-mips/usr/local/share/locale\$-W
-Wall -g -O2 -c size.c 
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I. -D_GNU_SOURCE -I. -I. -I../bfd
-I./../bfd -I./../include  -I./../intl -I../intl
-DLOCALEDIR="\"/home/mbuss/Compilers/GCC/gcc-mips/usr/local/share/locale\$-W
-Wall -g -O2 -c bucomm.c
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I. -D_GNU_SOURCE -I. -I. -I../bfd
-I./../bfd -I./../include  -I./../intl -I../intl
-DLOCALEDIR="\"/home/mbuss/Compilers/GCC/gcc-mips/usr/local/share/locale\$-W
-Wall -g -O2 -c version.c
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I. -D_GNU_SOURCE -I. -I. -I../bfd
-I./../bfd -I./../include  -I./../intl -I../intl
-DLOCALEDIR="\"/home/mbuss/Compilers/GCC/gcc-mips/usr/local/share/locale\$-W
-Wall -g -O2 -c filemode.c

make[3]: *** No rule to make target `../libiberty/libiberty.a',
needed by `size'.  Stop.
make[3]: Leaving directory
`/home/mbuss/Compilers/GCC/sources/Gnu/src/binutils'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/home/mbuss/Compilers/GCC/sources/Gnu/src/binutils'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory 
`/home/mbuss/Compilers/GCC/sources/Gnu/src/binutils'
make: *** [all-binutils] Error 2



	Thanks.
	Buss.	




More information about the Gcc-help mailing list