Problems with binutils

Dhananjay Naniwadekar nani@globalsight.com
Fri Aug 4 16:00:00 GMT 2000

I downloaded binutils-2.9.1-sd-11.00.depot.gz file for my hp-unix version
11.
I ran "gunzip binutils-2.9.1-sd-11.00.depot.gz" command.
Later I ran the command "tar xvf binutils-2.9.1-sd-11.00.depot"

Then I read HPUX.Install file ; it says we should run "ksh configure"
command.
The funny thing is that there is no file named "configure" .
Any suggestions?

Do we need to download binutils to compile gcc? gcc binaries simply don't
work.
Should we download binutils after compiling gcc or before compiling gcc ?

- Dhananjay Naniwadekar