configuring gcc

Helfried Tschemmernegg helfried.t@gmx.at
Tue Aug 1 07:32:00 GMT 2000

Hi!

I've been able to configure and compile binutils-2.10 with the parameter
--target=m68k-ericsson-ose
But for gcc configure with the same parameter fails. It says:
"Configuration m68k-ericsson-ose not supported"

Is this configuration definitely not supported by gcc or can I change
something to make it possible to build this cross compiler?
In the ChangeLog file in the directory gcc-2.95.2 I found the following
old note:

Mon Jul 20 11:02:09 1992  D. V. Henkel-Wallace  (gumby@cygnus.com)
	* Makefile.in: eradicate bison spoor (ditto libgcc).
	 configure.in: recognise m68{k,000}-ericsson-OSE.
	 es1800 is alias for m68k-ericsson-OSE

How can I solve this problem?
Can I change something so that it will work?

thank you in advance
  Helfried