Request for help regarding the GNU gcc code generator
Virgil Palanciuc
Virgil.Palanciuc@cs.pub.ro
Sun Apr 23 22:53:00 GMT 2000
> Hello
> I am interested in creating/developing code generator for gcc, for a
> specific hardware (proprietary hardware); thus interested in developing a
> cross-compiler for a platform not supported by GCC currently.
> [...]
> I am interested to know whether such a facility exists and where
> can I find
> the relevant information.
>
> Regards
> RDNaik
Yes, you should write a machine description in the subdirectory
config/[your_machine_name]. You will find all the necessary documentation at
http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc_toc.html . The most interesting file for
you will
probably be http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc_16.html . When you start
writing your
machine description, I recommend that you take a look in the config/
subdirectory at how the things are done for other (more or less similar)
architectures.
Regards,
Virgil.
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list