gcc 2.91.66 and PPC

Albert Niessner Albert.F.Niessner@jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Apr 20 10:39:00 GMT 2000

I am not highly conversant in PPC assembly, but it looks as though it is using
the 26 bit relative calls. This leads to the next question: How do I force it
to always use long calls instead? On an older release of the compiler, a
-mlongcall option was supported. That no longer exists or at least I get an
unknown option '-mlongcall' from the 2.91.66 compiler.

Al Niessner