GNU linker and gcc on IRIX6.x

Koundinya K knk@dde.dk
Sat Apr 1 00:00:00 GMT 2000


Hi,
    Thanks there for the reply. I am using the binutils snapshot
binutils-000217. Even if I omit the --enable-shared while configuring,
still there are no changes. Here is the exact point in the build where
the GNU linker seg faults.

stage1/xgcc -Bstage1/ -B/opt/devtools/mips-sgi-irix6.4/bin/ -c
-DIN_GCC    -W -Wall -Wtraditional -O2 -g  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H    -I.
-I../../egcs-20000214/gcc -I../../egcs-20000214/gcc/config
-I../../egcs-20000214/gcc/../include obstack.c
stage1/xgcc -Bstage1/ -B/opt/devtools/mips-sgi-irix6.4/bin/  -DIN_GCC
-W -Wall -Wtraditional -O2 -g  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -o cppmain cppmain.o \
intl.o libcpp.a obstack.o        ../libiberty/libiberty.a
collect2: ld terminated with signal 11 [Segmentation fault]
gmake[2]: *** [cppmain] Error 1
gmake[2]: Leaving directory
`/volume2/knk/src/egcs/build-egcs-20000214/gcc'
gmake[1]: *** [bootstrap-lean] Error 2
gmake[1]: Leaving directory
`/volume2/knk/src/egcs/build-egcs-20000214/gcc'
gmake: *** [bootstrap-lean] Error 2

Any other suggestion or help will be appreciated .

BTW, Does the GNU ld atleast support the generation of shared libs on
IRIX6.x ??

Thanks

koundinya


Alexandre Oliva wrote:

> On Feb 21, 2000, Koundinya K <knk@dde.dk> wrote:
>
> > Has anyone succeeded in building one of the recent egcs snapshots on
> > IRIX6.x using the GNU linker.
>
> IIRC, it works, unless you --enable-shared, because GNU ld doesn't
> support -shared on IRIX6.  Which version of GNU binutils are you
> using?
>
> --
> Alexandre Oliva     http://www.ic.unicamp.br/~oliva/     Enjoy Guaraná
> Cygnus Solutions, a Red Hat company        aoliva@{redhat, cygnus}.com
> Free Software Developer and Evangelist    CS PhD student at IC-Unicamp
> oliva@{lsd.ic.unicamp.br, gnu.org}   Write to mailing lists, not to me



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list