sig11 when compiling gcc (2.95/2.95.1/egcs-1.1.2) - software problem
jwk
_hate_spam_thunder7@xs4all.nl
Thu Sep 30 23:56:00 GMT 1999
On 6 Sep 1999 13:56:32 GMT, Graham Seaman
<seamang@westminster.ac.uk> wrote:
>jwk (_hate_spam_thunder7@xs4all.nl) wrote:
>: All gcc versions I tried die when using xgcc for the first time. Now I
>: know this is a software problem, since on a clean RH 5.2 install on
>: another partition I can compile 20 times without error, and if I chroot
>: to that partition, things also work well.
>:
>: Now to the solution: does anybody have any hints what to check first? I
>: cleaned out all remnants of gcc-installations from /usr/local/bin, what
>: should be next? Checking /usr/bin, or checking libraries - if so, which
>: ones?
>:
>: I hope someone more knowledgable than me has any ideas here - the
>: prospect of re-installation is a bit daunting....
>
>I have the same problem on a RedHat 5.2 system:
>During make bootstrap:
>./xgcc -B./ -B/usr/local/i686-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ -I/usr/local/i686-pc-linux-gnu/i
>nclude -S tmp-dum.c
>xgcc: Internal compiler error: program cpp got fatal signal 11
>
>Kind people, help us both out... :-)
>
>Graham
>
I'm guessing I'm wrong somewhere with binutils & libc. Unfortunately,
randomly updating or downdating rpm's with --force hasn't helped yet....
PS The above is my exact error.
Jurriaan
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list