gcc 2.95.1 HP-UX 11 problem

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Thu Sep 30 23:56:00 GMT 1999


In gnu.gcc.help, Skip Sopscak <dsopscak@mote.dhs.org> writes:

> I actually got it to build with one hitch:

>   ../../gcc-2.95.1/gcc/fixproto[266]: 7916 Memory fault(coredump)

> although this did not interrupt the build.  When fixproto starts, make
> issues the statement "Various warnings and error messages from fixproto
> are normal." I doubt that a core dump falls within normal warnings and
> errors, though.

fixproto always seems to do that.  Given the statement printed before
fixproto runs (saying to expect lots of errors and other odd behavior), I
assumed that it was expected, but for what it's worth this happens for me
as well.

> Anyway, a good deal of include file processing happened before fixproto
> crashed, no more afterward, though the build continued.  It went on to
> install and seemed to work, at first.  However, the following code, when
> compiled with the resulting g++, causes a slew of compile-time errors:

> //#include <string>
> #include <vector>

I doubt that this problem is due to fixincludes, since it deals with C++
headers.

-- 
Russ Allbery (rra@stanford.edu)         <URL: http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/ >



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list