Where do I get C include files with GCC/Solaris/Intel?

Paul D. Smith psmith@baynetworks.com
Thu Sep 30 23:56:00 GMT 1999


%% kjohnson@sdi-inc.com (Kent) writes:

  k> I know this is probably a very simple thing, but I'm having a time
  k> with it.  

  k> I'm trying to obtain the ability to compile C on a PC/Solaris
  k> platform.  I've loaded Gnu C and other packages I downloaded from
  k> sunfreeware.com.  Now when I try to compile a simple hello world
  k> program, stdio.h isn't found.  I've searched and can't find where
  k> it exists on the hard drive.  After inquiring at sunfreeware, the
  k> response was that I probably don't have the SUNW developer packages
  k> loaded from the Solaris CD.

  k> Which packages do I need?

Apparently, you need the SUNW developer packages loaded from the Solaris
CD.  Some OS's put the system header files in a separate package that
may not be loaded by default, on the assumption that many people just
want to use the system to run precompiled stuff and don't want to build
anything.

  k> And how do I load them?

Well, we don't know.  However you load packages off your Solaris CD.
This isn't a GCC issue, it's a Sun/Solaris issue.

You should check out your Solaris manuals for loading packages off of
CD's, and/or try asking in the comp.unix.solaris newsgroup.

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Paul D. Smith <psmith@baynetworks.com>         Network Management Development
 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list