How to apply patches for gcc-2.95-win32 in Win98?

AA aanderson@fcmail.com
Sun Sep 19 02:57:00 GMT 1999

I downloaded a zip file of patches for the gcc-2.95 installation
for Windows95/98 at this ftp site:

ftp://ftp.xraylith.wisc.edu/pub/khan/gnu-win32/mingw32/gcc-2.95/patches

The only problem is that the "Readme" file instructs you to use a
"patch" program (seemingly under UNIX) to apply the patches. The
patches provided are given in ".diff" files. I'm not familiar
with this file format and I don't know what to do with it. Is
there a program that I can find to apply the ".diff" patches
under Windows98 that performs the same tasks as the "patch"
program under UNIX? Or is it not possible or not necessary to
apply these patches to the gcc-2.95-win32 installation?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Tony.