Portability and makefile questions

Beverly Endresen brendresATcollins.rockwell.com
Fri Sep 17 11:20:00 GMT 1999


1) Question #1: Having difficulty getting a gnu C makefile to compile on
a Digital Unix Alpha workstation.  Is there a standard for this for the
Alpha? Does anyone have an example makefile that will work?  Also, would
the makefile be different when compiling on an NT PC?
 
2) Question #2: I'd like to know if a #define statement must be added to
each source code package/file, or to the makefile, or a command-line
option/switch  --  to ensure that it will compile on the alpha as well
as on an NT PC.  I know that some "portable" compilers require at least
the define statement to distinguish operating systems.  

Please respond by email if possible, since I check that more often than
the newsgroup.

Thanks for your time,
Bev Endresen
brendres@collins.rockwell.com

_____________________________________________________________________

Beverly Roche Endresen        		Rockwell Collins 
brendres@collins.rockwell.com		400 Collins Rd NE
319-295-0392				Cedar Rapids, IA 52498
_____________________________________________________________________


More information about the Gcc-help mailing list