GNU gcc and Visual C++ on same system

Mumit Khan khan@xraylith.wisc.edu
Fri Oct 1 00:00:00 GMT 1999

In article < 7sdon4$a7m$1@holly.prod.itd.earthlink.net >,
Brien Alkire <brien@alkires.com> wrote:

>I'd like to put g++ on my NT box so that when I write or maintain portable
>code I use the same compiler for all systems.  I'm worried that I'll have
>conflicts in my environment if I install both g++ and Visual C++ on the same
>machine.
>
>Has anyone loaded both on the same machine?  Any tips or suggestions?

Only environments like MSVC have problems when you try to install multiple
versions on the same machine (you can make it work, but it's a real pain).
GCC has no problem in this arena, and never will (at least that is the
intention).

See http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/ for various
x86-win32 ports of GCC-2.95. Download, unpack, set PATH and you're set
to go. No registry, not environment variable, no conflict.

Regards,
Mumit