g77(linux):How to use getc() function with fortran program?

John H. Chauvin jchauvin@netcom.com
Fri Oct 1 00:00:00 GMT 1999

I am running the following version of g77 under Linux:

g77 version egcs-2.91.66 19990314 (egcs-1.1.2 release)

and have encountered a problem porting a fortran program
from my Silicon Graphics workstation to Linux.

The fortran program uses the C function getc() to return
the next input character. I was able to use this function
directly in my fortran program on the SGI. When I try and
compile the same program using Linux g77, I get the
following error:

undefined reference to `getc_'

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

John Chauvin

--
John H. Chauvin jchauvin@netcom.COM
Netcom - Online Communication Services San Jose, CA