use gcc to link gcc and g77

Joe Durusau durusau@delphi.com
Fri Oct 1 00:00:00 GMT 1999


    This is only a guess, but try using -L<wherever forlib.a is> and -lfor
on gcc.  (You will probably need more than just that, but it might be
a start.)

Speaking only for myself,

Joe Durusau

Andy Felt wrote:

> Hi folks-
> I'm not sure where to post this.  If you have suggestions, please suggest
> away.
>
> I have a mixed fortran/C program.  I compile the .c files with gcc, .f files
> with g77, and link with gcc.  The linking is not working on (RedHat
> 5.2) linux, and I think it's because I need to link to a fortran library,
> but I don't know if one exists or what it's called.
>
> The program compiles and links fine on a DEC alpha using the cc and f77 that
> came with the DEC,  and cc to link with a -lfor flag.
>                                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> On the linux with gcc and g77, there is no libfor.a lib file that I can
> find.  When gcc tries to link, I get thousands of errors like:
>
> /usr1/felt/software/cpa/YLP/ymaps.f:215: undefined reference to `s_stop'
>
> In this case, line 215 of ymaps.f has a STOP command.  The linker can't find
> any of the fortran object commands.  Does anyone know what library I need to
> link to and where to get it?
>
> Thanks much!
>
> Andy
>
> -------------------------------------------------------------------
> Andy Felt                            | felt@math.wsu.edu           |
> Dept. of Pure and Applied Mathematics|                             |
> Washington State University          | http://www.wsu.edu/~felta/  |
> -------------------------------------------------------------------
> Be the person your dog thinks you are.



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list