gcc-2.95 java

Art Werschulz agw@dsm.fordham.edu
Fri Oct 1 00:00:00 GMT 1999


Hi.

Platform: Digital AlphaServer 1000, running Digital Unix 4.0E.

I built and installed gcc-2.95.  As far as I can tell, the
installation was successful.  

However, I haven't figured out how to compile or run java programs
with gcc-2.95.  For instance:

 % gcj hello.java
 gcj: libgcj.spec: No such file or directory

I also tried

 % gcc -c hello.java
 hello.java:0: Can't find default package `java.lang'. Check the
 CLASSPATH environment variable and the access to the archives. 
 1 error

(FWIW, the CLASSPATH is not set.)

I am unable to find info files or man pages that deal with gcc Java,
so I can't RTFM.

What am I missing here?  

-- 
Art Werschulz (8-{)}   "Metaphors be with you."  -- bumper sticker
GCS/M (GAT): d? -p+ c++ l u+(-) e--- m* s n+ h f g+ w+ t++ r- y? 
Net: agw@dsm.fordham.edu <a href=" http://www.dsm.fordham.edu/~agw/ ">WWW</a>
Phone:   Fordham U. (212) 636-6325, Columbia U. (212) 939-7061


More information about the Gcc-help mailing list