gcc 2.95.1 HP-UX 11 problem

Skip Sopscak dsopscak@mote.dhs.org
Fri Oct 1 00:00:00 GMT 1999

I actually got it to build with one hitch:

  ../../gcc-2.95.1/gcc/fixproto[266]: 7916 Memory fault(coredump)

although this did not interrupt the build.  When fixproto starts,
make issues the statement "Various warnings and error messages
from fixproto are normal." I doubt that a core dump falls within
normal warnings and errors, though.

Anyway, a good deal of include file processing happened before
fixproto crashed, no more afterward, though the build continued.
It went on to install and seemed to work, at first.  However, the
following code, when compiled with the resulting g++, causes a
slew of compile-time errors:

//#include <string>
#include <vector>

int main()
    {

    return 0;
    }

The errors and warnings all have to do with size_t.
Interestingly, if the first include directive is un-commented,
they all go away.  I strongly suspect this is because include
file processing was not completed or was elsehow munged up.

Does anyone have insight into this problem?  A fix would be
great.  Short of this, any thoughts would be welcome, including
hints on playing with the include file processing step in
isolation.

Thanks!

--
Skip Sopscak, Omaha, NE