newbie c question

Arthur Gold agold@bga.com
Fri Oct 1 00:00:00 GMT 1999

You want to type:
./hello

(assuming that '.', i.e. the current directory, is not in your PATH--as
it most likely
isn't...and shouldn't be)

When looking for executables, *n*x searches only those directories
contained in
your PATH environment variable--do an 'echo $PATH' to see how your PATH
is defined.

For further info, look through your Running Linux book--it discusses the
issue
quite nicely, IIRC.

HTH,
--ag