ssh/gcc/binutils

greg kovalyak gkovalyak@home.com
Wed Oct 27 19:22:00 GMT 1999

Help,

I am running on an ultra10 with solaris 2.7 on it.

I installed the precompiled gcc-2.95 off of the sunfreeware site.

I wanted to build ssh 1.26. The make died and one of the people I worked
with said I needed "nm". I found it as part of binutils-2.9.1 on the gnu
web site. I downloaded/compiled/installed it.

Went to rebuild the ssh 1.2.26 and now my gcc compiler does not seem to
work (see error below). I did a pkgrm on gcc then a pkgadd and I still
get the same error. And I cant seem to run configure anymore. I dont
really want to blow it all away and start from scratch.

Thanks, Greg

root@warbird(1216)> pwd
/tmp/ssh-1.2.26
root@warbird(1215)> ./configure
checking host system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.7
checking cached information... ok
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) is a cross-compiler... yes
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for POSIXized ISC... no
checking that the compiler works... configure: error: Could not compile
and run even a trivial ANSI C program - check CC.
root@warbird(1217)>