With 2.95, some global variables end up with the same address

Randy Paul randyp@aiinet.com
Fri Oct 22 06:39:00 GMT 1999

When our current system was re-built with the 2.95 release some of the
global variables ended up with the same address, this did not happen with
the previous version 2.8.  Attached is a snippet of the map.  Has anyone
else ran across this ? is there a new configuration or compile option that I
am not aware of ?

 .sbss          0x0024cb18        0xc obj/220/usr/daemon/configd/database.o
                                 0x18 (size before relaxing)
                0x0024cb24                db_timestamp
                0x0024cb2c                local_rcvd_length
 .sbss          0x0024cb24        0x8 obj/220/usr/daemon/configd/listener.o
                0x0024cb24                listener_request
 .sbss          0x0024cb2c        0x4 obj/220/usr/daemon/configd/menu.o
                0x0024cb2c                menu_tree
As you can see the menu_tree has the same address as local_rcvd_length.