Installing glibc...hopefully a simple question...

Todd Smart todd@smartbinary.com
Fri Oct 15 12:36:00 GMT 1999

I'm a recent convert to Linux and am having what I think is a simple
problem...

The current context of the problem is in installing the latest glibc v2.1.
I have downloaded it, unzipped it, untarred it, and I am trying to execute
the 'configure' command.

Like many other apps on my machine, when I type 'configure', I simply get a
message that the command can not be found...even though I am in the
directory containing the configure app/scripts.

Any help MUCH appreciated...

Todd