gcc-2.95.1's libgcc2.a and libgcj-2.95.1

Martin Ouwehand velo@sehp1.epfl.ch
Fri Oct 1 03:02:00 GMT 1999

I'm trying to build libgcj-2.95.1 with gcc-2.95.1 for various architectures
but for Solaris 2.5, Solaris 2.6, Redhat 5.1 and Irix 5.3 the build stops
at some point with a linker message complaining about an "undefined reference
to `__rethrow'". After looking around a bit, I noticed that __rethrow
is a part of libgcc2.a and I can indeed successfuly link the program
if I include libgcc2.a from the gcc-2.95.1 build tree "by hand" on the
command line.

So it looks like it would be a good idea for the gcc-2.95.1 install
process to put a copy of libgcc2.a in $(libsubdir) and for the link
stage to include that library in its list.

Any suggestions ? did I miss something when generating gcc-2.95.1 ?

Thanks in advance for in info.

--
  | ~~~~~~~~ Martin Ouwehand ~ Swiss Federal Institute of Technology ~ Lausanne
__|_________ Email/PGP: http://slwww.epfl.ch/SIC/SL/info/Martin.html __________
Les hommes naissent égaux, ensuite ils se mettent à boire...          [Cavanna]