assembler interlist

Mumit Khan khan@xraylith.wisc.edu
Tue Nov 23 05:47:00 GMT 1999

In article <81cvbe$j2s@tandem.cam.org>,
denis Lachapelle <sysacom@cam.org> wrote:
>Sorry but I look at the documentation, I guess I am not an efficient reader.
>So that you seems to be very knowledgeable about gnu c, could you answer
>that one:
>
>The following command line does not work properly because it's too long (I
>work on windows 95), could you explain me, how to do to avoid this problem?
>
>ld crt0.o ascii.o timer.o commands.o display.o serial.o main.o macro.o
>buffer.o serled.o -Map main.map -Tlink.cmd -o main.mot -lc -lgcc -lm

It's a function of the runtime, so unless you provide more info, it's
hard to tell. What version of gcc? Using Cygwin, Mingw, DJGPP, ???

  $ gcc -v

provides the version info.

Windows 95 does support reasonably long command line, so I'm not sure

>I have tried to find a switch that redirect option to a file but I can't
>find any!

I assume you mean `redirect options *from* a file ...'. Again, it's a
function of the runtime. Versions of Cygwin provide @response_file, but
I don't recall what the first version to support that was.

Regards,
Mumit