gcc-2.95.2

Tim Prince n8tm@aol.comnojunk
Mon Nov 8 19:09:00 GMT 1999

>when i install prebuilt binaries, is it less
>efficient than binaries built on my own system

I suppose this question could be interpreted various ways, and I'm not fully
competent to answer, as I haven't tried both ways.  Maybe I'll get Mumit's
version and compare output files.  I expect the results would be the same
except for possible alignment differences; I've put some emphasis on getting
the .p2align scheme working when building natively, even though it is not fully
effective because of cygwin not providing 128-bit stack alignment.  You would
see this by comparing .s files, for example; the alignment directives may
differ.  Also, you probably wouldn't be using exactly the same binutils, if
Mumit is recommending you install his binaries for both binutils and the
compilers.
Tim Prince
tprince@computer.org