Undefined Symbols - socket.h

James VanZandt jvanzandt@comercis.com
Tue Nov 30 12:32:00 GMT 1999

Has anyone had any problems w/ undefined symbol errors when trying to
compile ANY C socket programs? Other programs compile fine but none that
include socket.h or math.h... I have my environment set up correctly.
I have installed all latest patches from SUN , BTW - Solaris 2.6, cc/CC,
gcc,g++ 2.95.2 ...
Both compilers give errors. I have rearranged the order of include files
to no end. I have written very small socket progs w/ little chance for
errors in the code itself. ALL programs that include socket.h fail to
compile. I am beginning to think there is something wrong with
/usr/ccs/bin/ld  ...
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated...
--Jim