MINGW32 + GLUT 3.7 problem

semancik semancik@hron.fei.tuke.sk
Tue Nov 30 09:57:00 GMT 1999

in win 98

When mingw32 compiles my any GLUT program with GLUT 3.7 it causes errors
like:
  undefined symbol: _imp__glFunction  (for all OpenGL functions in my
program)
  undefined symbol: glutFunction (for all GLUT functions in my program)

with GLUT 3.6, there are no problems (same program, same makefile),
  but I must use GLUT 3.7, because I need GameMode, keyboard testing
without
  autorepeat, and so on...

(in detail:
  - libglut32.a (downloaded with mingw32) is a 3.7 version of GLUT
      (it contains functions like glutGameModeString(), ...)
  - I made include/gl/ directory with gl.h, glut.h (ver 3.7), glu.h
  - when I compile program without special GLUT 3.7 functions with these

      glut.h (ver 3.7) and libglut32.a, errors occures
  - when I replace glut.h - ver 3.7 by glut.h - ver 3.6 and compile the
      same program, with same makefile and same libglut32.a (although it

      is ver. 3.7 of GLUT), everything is OK and program runs
)

why ???
  - is it bug of GLUT 3.7 ???
  - has anybody experiences with mingw32 and GLUT 3.7 ???
--------

these errors are also with lcc
      (free compiler for win: http://www.cs.virginia.edu/~lcc-win32/ )

Thanx for advice