Is there anyway that I can export only those symbles I want to?

Eagle Lin eaglelin@NOSPAM.mars.seed.net.tw
Tue Nov 23 18:37:00 GMT 1999

Hello,

I am developping a shared library(.so) but I don't want to export every
symbols/functions to save some space in symbol table. Is there anyway that I
can do to enable this. I am new to gnu tools so if this is a FAQ, please
point me to the right place, thanks.

The only way now I found is put static in front of what I don't want to
export. Is there a way that I can specify which symbol I WANT to export?(I
guess I have to specify a special switch in command line, right?)

Henri Chen