merge C with assembler

Alan Lehotsky lehotsky@tiac.net
Tue Nov 9 13:55:00 GMT 1999

In article < 809gtp$n7v@sirius.develcon.com >, dickg@develcon.com (Dick
Ginther) wrote:

>>>Hi,
>>>        I'm using egcs-2.91.66 for a PowerPC platform.  I would like
>>>        to get the C source code merged in with the assembler output.
>>>        I currently use the -S -fverbose-asm options but this isn't
>>>        quite what I'm looking for.  I am looking for a program or
>>>        option that will display the assembler instructions for each
>>>        line of C code.
>>>
>>>        Thanks in advance.

   The gnu assembler has support for this if you're using STABS
   debug information.

   In fact, you can make objdump print the C code too if you compile
   and link with debug information.

-- AL

--
                Quality Software Management
             http://www.tiac.net/users/lehotsky

Process Improvement | Management Consulting | Compiler Implementation