[Fwd: Building 2.95.2 on HP-UX]

Eric Ladner clad@chevron.com
Thu Nov 4 10:55:00 GMT 1999


Help!

Building for hppa2.0-hp-hpux10.20 with the gnu assembler.  The make
errored out
at the following point (snippet of the results of the make)

/space/archives/gnu/gcc-2.95.2/gcc/move-if-change tmp-under.c
underscore.c
rm -f tmp-dum.c tmp-dum.s
touch s-under
gcc -c  -DIN_GCC -DHAIFA    -g  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H    -I.
-I/space/archives/gnu/gcc-2.95.2/gcc
-I/space/archives/gnu/gcc-2.95.2/gcc/config
-I/space/archives/gnu/gcc-2.95.2/gcc/../include underscore.c
rm -f collect2
gcc  -DIN_GCC -DHAIFA    -g  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -o collect2 collect2.o
tlink.o hash.o intl.o underscore.o version.o  obstack.o alloca.o
../libiberty/libiberty.a
gcc -c  -DIN_GCC -DHAIFA    -g  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H    -I.
-I/space/archives/gnu/gcc-2.95.2/gcc
-I/space/archives/gnu/gcc-2.95.2/gcc/config
-I/space/archives/gnu/gcc-2.95.2/gcc/../include
/space/archives/gnu/gcc-2.95.2/gcc/cppspec.c
gcc  -DIN_GCC -DHAIFA    -g  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -o xcpp gcc.o cppspec.o
intl.o \
  prefix.o version.o  obstack.o alloca.o       ../libiberty/libiberty.a
./xgcc -B/usr/local/hppa2.0-hp-hpux10.20/bin/ -B./
-I/usr/local/hppa2.0-hp-hpux10.20/include -dumpspecs > tmp-specs
mv tmp-specs specs
echo "void __foo () {}" > dummy.c
./xgcc -B/usr/local/hppa2.0-hp-hpux10.20/bin/ -B./
-I/usr/local/hppa2.0-hp-hpux10.20/include  -DIN_GCC -DHAIFA    -g
-I./include  -c dummy.c
as: "/var/tmp/ccYdKtfd.s", line 10: error 1052: Directive name not
recognized - FILE
as: "/var/tmp/ccYdKtfd.s", line 12: error 1052: Directive name not
recognized - STABS
as: "/var/tmp/ccYdKtfd.s", line 13: error 1052: Directive name not
recognized - STABS
as: "/var/tmp/ccYdKtfd.s", line 18: error 1052: Directive name not
recognized - STABS
etc. etc.


Make command was:

make CFLAGS='-O' LIBCFLAGS='-g -O2' LIBCXXFLAGS='-g -O2
-fnoimplicit-templates' bootstrap-lean

Let me know if you need more detail.

Eric

================================================================
Eric Ladner              | HPUX Systems Admin, Oracle DBA
Pascagoula Refinery      | Java Programmer, Perl scripter, C++
Chevron Products Company | programmer, etc., etc., etc.


More information about the Gcc-help mailing list