Problems with pointer and templates

kd@flaga.is kd@flaga.is
Wed Dec 22 01:46:00 GMT 1999

Hi,

This is a template class so you must instantiate it with a template
argument.

Something like

new Cont<Mytemplateargument>();

should work.

K.D.

                    Pascal Francq
                    <pfrancq@ulb.ac.        To:     help-gcc@gnu.org
                    be>                     cc:
                    Sent by:                Subject:     Problems with pointer and templates
                    gcc-help-owner@g
                    cc.gnu.org

                    12/21/99 03:34
                    PM

I have a template class with a template function declare like:

template<class C> class Cont
{
public:
    Cont(void) {}
    template<class G> DoSomething(const G &param) {}
};

I declare a pointer to Cont:

Cont *ptr=new Cont();

When i try the following instruction, gcc gives me an error ("parse error
before '>')

ptr->DoSomething<int>(3);

Note: When I compile this code with a compiler like the one of borland,
there are no problems.

--

Ir. Pascal Francq
Researcher