GCC-2.95.2 and AIX v4.3.3 compile errors w/egcs-2.91.66

David Edelsohn dje@watson.ibm.com
Sat Dec 11 23:46:00 GMT 1999

Ed> If this subject seems familar well it should... I had posted a
Ed> message just a few hours ago when I was trying to compile gcc-2.95.2
Ed> with the AIX v4.3.3 native compiler. Running out of time I tried using a
Ed> version of egcs I have allready compiled under AIX v4.3.2. Just
Ed> wondering does anybody have any suggestions how to fix this?

	First, you cannot simply start from where you left off building
with AIX XLC and switching to GCC.  Second, you really need to read the
installation instructions despite your short amount of time.  If you had
read the installation instructions, you would have see that one should
build the compiler with "make bootstrap" which specifically invokes the
linker to solve the TOC overflow problem.

David