help, gcc, ?cout error?

aka007@mail.com aka007@mail.com
Sun Dec 12 12:35:00 GMT 1999

thanks for letting me know what the diff was with gcc vs g++...

hope this is still valid here?  anyhow, here is current version of my
"hello" program:

UW PICO(tm) 2.9                  File: a.cpp

#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

int main() {
  cout << "hello";
  return 0;
}

using command g++ -o a a.cpp , then it "thinks" for a moment, but
creates no output on the telnet session screen.  pico a.out reveals an
empty file, no "hello" in there at all...    at least no error
messages.

so, i'm not even really positive my school has g++, but it doesn't
create an error when i try it using g++, so i figure it is on the
system?  how can i know for sure?  i thought a simple "hello" program,
to confirm i'll be able to do some programming, but maybe not.

any thoughts?

Jesse
aka007@mail.com